Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hypothetical Scenario x, where x is a real number between 0 and 99.

"what do you like about her so much, really?"




"I could probably talk about the more superficial things like how my heart skipped a beat when I first saw her face because of how pretty she looks, even from way afar and when she hadn't even the slightest clue of my existence. Or I could also talk about how I couldn't bear to look at her for more than a few seconds in the eyes when we first met face to face at the band practice.


Or maybe I could talk about her personality; the way she works so hard in school that still blows me away to this day because I'm nowhere near half as hard working and that really inspired me to put in more effort in what I do now; the way she puts her family and the people dearest to her first above anyone else that makes me question the way I value my own family members and closest group of friends and wonder what it would feel like if I am ever included in that small circle of valuable people in her life.


But really, I guess it all boils down to the way she makes me feel an array of emotions that I never thought I still could. I mean, it's not every day you can find someone you really can see yourself opening up to. After the immense guilt I finally got over a few years after my last bad break up, as well as putting a closure to my own emotional bloodbath in trying to hold on to who I really considered a 'soulmate', I think I unconsciously was unable to open up to people I thought I liked and have deeper feelings for them. Somehow, despite all the fun in dates and constant text messages, I just wasn't able to see them as people I could pour my heart out to. I decided to stop looking altogether, and just enjoy my solitude, no matter how uneasy it can get at times.


With her though, as I gradually spent more time and got closer, I just had this sudden realization one night when I was smiling like an idiot that she felt (at least that's what my Heart told me) like someone I could really open up and be completely emotionally vulnerable to. And no matter how much I tried to shake the feeling, and despite the numerous counter-arguments my Brain attempted to throw at the issue, I can't. It just felt really amazing and I wanted to start all over again in having someone special in my life.


And that is why, in spite of the complications, and the emotional pain that I foresee will just get more frequent, as long as she has yet to say "No" to me explicitly and wants me out of the picture, I will continue to show her that I value her more than just any other person and be completely vulnerable and honest about my feelings. Because when you discover a treasure, you wouldn't discard it just because Life throws lemons at you without fighting back at the very least right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment